Sunday, January 17, 2016

21 Day Mediation Challenge

For the past few years I have been choosing One Little Word to help me focus my life during the year.  This year my one little word is create - I want to Create the Life of My Dreams.  

Part of creating that life is learning how to better manage my time and my stress level. I have been doing a little research on meditation as a method to manage my stress.  Below is what I have learned: 

Why Meditation: 
Meditation is a commitment you make to yourself. Practiced daily, meditation can improve my life. 

Meditation can be healing. There has been research over the last several decades that suggests that people who mediate experience lower levels of anxiety , anger, depression, and tension.  Meditation can result in the restructuring of the brain. 

In order to establish meditation as a habit, it should be practiced daily. Consistency is key, practicing at the same time everyday, in a dedicated space will help me  make meditation a habit. 

So as I Crate the Life of My Dreams I am going to start a 21 Meditation Challenge.   

How Will It Work:
I am going to blogging daily on what time I mediated and how I felt.  You are going to serve as my accountability partners. 

I will be scoping about a new book - Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga.  I will be using this book to help guide my meditations. 

If you would like to tune in, you can download the Periscope app and then follow me ( I am @ConnieKayAsh on Periscope).

Would You Life to Join Me? 
1. Choose what time is realistic for your mediation practice. Remember having a consistent place to mediate helps build a consistent routine. 
2. Leave a comment on this post letting me know that you are in and what you hope to gain from meditation. 
3. Check in on my daily morning post and / or my daily scope and leave a comment to let me know how you are doing with crafting a mediation routine.  

I hope you will help be be accountable as a Create the Life of My Dreams. 
~ Connie ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment