Monday, May 19, 2014

Welcome to my Connie's Family Practice Blog


    Why blog about health? I'm a family nurse practitioner, and much like parents never stop being parents no matter the age of their children, being a nurse practitioner is a permanent part of my psyche.
    I'm always on the lookout for the newest health topic in the news. When I read about something that interests me, I want to know more about it. That's one of the joys of being a life-long student (it took me 4-1/2 degrees and 18 years of school to become a nurse practitioner).

    I see patients every day that want to be healthy, no one wants to bill.  With this blog I will share ways to lead a proactive healthy life.


    Some of you may want to know, what is a family nurse practitioner?  A family nurse practitioner (FNP) is a registered nurse (RN) who has completed advanced education (a minimum of a master's degree) and clinical coursework in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions, including chronic illnesses. FNPs provide a broad range of health care services. They provide some of the same care provided by physicians and maintain close working relationships with physicians. An FNP can serve as a patient's regular health care provider.

    Family nurse practitioners (FNP) see patients of all ages. The core philosophy of the field is individualized care. Nurse practitioners focus on patients' conditions as well as the effects of illness on the lives of the patients and their families. FNPs make prevention, wellness, and patient education priorities. This can mean fewer prescriptions and less expensive treatments. Informing patients about their health care and encouraging them to participate in decisions are central to the care provided by FNPs. In addition to health care services, FNPs conduct research and are often active in patient advocacy activities

    My goal is help you identify ways to be healthy. My health blog will contain info from mainstream sources such as the CDC, the National Institutes of Health, the World Health Organization, American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners to name a few.


    ~ Connie, FNP ~

    2 comments:

    1. Hello Connie,
      I am interest in following you Family Practice.

      Do you see new patients at your practice? I live in Heber Springs right now. The medical service providers & services leave a lot to be desired.

      It would be well worth a 21/2 to 3 hour drive to have a good primary care provider.

      I would be interested in talking/chatting with you personally at your convenience if that would be possible,

      By the way, I went to school with Ricky :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Shelah, Thank you for asking about the practice. I am accepting new patients. please let me know a good time for us to speak. Maybe you can share some Ricky School stories. Thanks again, Connie

      ReplyDelete